I am a cartographer and developer interested in telling the stories of communities through maps and technology. I have helped local governments and non-profits tell their stories through maps for print, interactive web maps, and websites.
Most of my professional experience has been working with county governments. I have also completed freelance projects for non-profits and web development companies.
Some projects I'm especially proud of are building a blogging site with my wife, redesigning the hiking trails map (pdf) for Camp Swatara, and creating the Cumberland County Subdivision & Land Development Plans Map.
If you're interested in collaborating on a project, or have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]
I also have a strong passion for open source technologies and educating the mapping profession on how to integrate these into their workflows. Below are some talks I have given, and projects I contribute to on GitHub.
Talks I've Given
- Learn the Basics of Version Control with Git, GeoDev Summit, 2021 [View Presentation]
- Customizing the Design and Adding Functionality to Esri Story Maps, Central Pennsylvania GIS Day, 2019 [View Presentation]
- A Space For GIS Developers: Sharing Ideas and Fostering Collaboration, Pennsylvania GIS Conference, 2019 [View Presentation]
- Integrating ArcGIS Services with Leaflet.js, GeoDev Summit, 2018 [View Presentation]
- Automating Workflows with Python, Pennsylvania GIS Conference, 2017 [View Presentation]
- An Introduction to GeoJSON, Central Pennsylvania GIS Day, 2016 [View Presentation]